Spinach & Ricotta Ravioli
The Lion Camp menu plan has been reworked for 2012. This is a a very popular starter, served on Saturday:
Fresh Pasta sheets
225g/8oz Fresh Spinach leaves, washed
100g/4 oz Ricotta Cheese
25g/1oz Freshly Grated Parmesan cheese
Pinch of nutmeg
Salt & Pepper
2 Garlic Cloves, crushed
12 Large Sage Leaves, coarsely shredded
See general techniques on how to make Pasta
For filling :
1. Place the spinach in a large saucepan pan with only the water which is left clinging to the leaves. Cover, place over a medium heat and cook for a few minutes, shaking the pan vigorously from time to time, until the spinach has wilted.
2. Drain well, squeezing as much water out of the leaves as possible then transfer to a chopping board and chop.
3. Place the chopped spinach in a mixing bowl together with the and cheeses, egg, nutmeg, salt and pepper and mix well. Allow to cool before using.
1. Place the butter and garlic in a small saucepan over a medium heat, allow to melt and cook for about 1 minute.
2. Raise the heat a little, add the sage and cook for about 30 seconds until the butter froths and the sage leaves begin to turn crisp.
3. Serve hot poured over stuffed pastas such as ravioli
No links from this page.